- Co-founder of Algopoly, an R\&D firm.
- PhD in Industrial Engineering (though it is about option pricing, quantitative finance)
- R programmer, instructor, promoter.
- Tennis player (contact me if you are in Istanbul/Turkey)
- Part-time instructor. (MEF University - BDA 503 Essentials of Data Analysis - Fall 2017, Bilgi University - IE231 Introduction to Probability - Fall 2017).
Detailed info can be found in my Linkedin profile. You can also check my Medium blog in Turkish. You can contact me on Linkedin.
- I continue my lecture, Introduction to Probability at Bilgi University this semester (Fall 2017) as well. This course teaches teamwork, peer review and RMarkdown besides probability. See the materials from here.
- I am very excited to give a grad course at MEF University Big Data Analytics program. My course is BDA 503 - Essentials of Data Analysis (Fall 2017). Check out the course from here.
- (Turkish) Presentation + Rmd Example - Mass Customization in Data Analysis / Veri Analizinde Seri Özelleştirme, R Ladies Istanbul. (Presentation | Weather example Rmd file | Weather example output)
- (English) Tutorial - A Quick Introduction to R Markdown. See here. (February 2017)
- (Turkish) Akademik Bilişim 2017 - R ile Veri Analizi (Data Analysis with R) course lecture notes and class projects with Mustafa Baydoğan. See the website. (Feb 4-7, 2017)
secimlerR package. Educational package for teaching R and tidyverse. Turkish general elections results on a ballot box basis for the elections on June 7th, 2015 and November 1st, 2015. Still in progress, exclusively on github. Soon analyses will be included. See the instructions (Last update: February 2017)
learnfinR package. It is a package for supervised learning experiment to see which methods capture information of option pricing errors from pricing models. Data included! See the website (January 2017)
- (English) Bogazici University FE522 - Computational Finance, R lecture notes. See the repository.
- (English) Short tutorial on Structured Equation Models (SEM) on R. See the tutorial. (January 2017)
- (Turkish) A short tutorial on sending mobile notifications from R via IFTTT. See the tutorial. (January 2017)
Our R Shiny project for Turkish Referendum (on April 16) is now completed! See the final report here. (April 26, 2017)
Wrote “Why R is the Best Programming Language (for the rest of us)?” on Medium. See the post in here. (March 7, 2017)
I did a one-hour presentation for R Ladies Istanbul about “Mass Customization in Data Analysis” (in Turkish though). Splendid crowd, amazing organizators. You can find the details in R Works sections. (February 23, 2017)
I will be giving the IE231 - Introduction to Probability lecture in Bilgi University this semester. Follow up. (Jan 22, 2017)
Awesome 4 days at Akademik Bilişim 2017! Our course is a great success and students were awesome. See the lecture notes and student projects on the course website (click here).
If you want to learn about how to send mobile notifications from R to your mobile phone (via IFTTT), check my blog post on Medium (in Turkish, though). It is useful if you are running time consuming code on R and don’t want to be stuck in front of the screen during the process. (Jan 22, 2017)
See my new introductory tutorial about Structural Equation Models (SEM) here. (Jan 22, 2017)
UPDATE: Wow more than 130 people signed up for the course! Thank you all but we had a capacity of 30. (Jan 22, 2017) I will give a 4-day ‘Data Analysis with R’ workshop at Aksaray University with Mustafa Baydogan in Feb 4-7. Free to join, limited seats available. See details here. (Jan 4, 2017)
Finally wrapped up a course on computational finance which I co-instructed with my PhD supervisor Prof. Refik Gullu! If you are interested in topics like Monte Carlo simulation, option pricing, binomial trees, finite difference methods and term structure models you can check it out on the fe522 repository. There are R code and detailed explanations of the topics. (Dec 23, 2016)